Monday, May 11, 2009

Why should I?

Why should I love you?
A worthless child-I feel I am.
Craving for me from inside, as you are-
so that I embrace you?

Why should I despise you?
The sweetness of your voice
encapsulates me; you mock at me-
a reason to loath you?

Don`t look into my eyes.
The dryness alienates me.
Your constrained eyeballs say
a different story, I surmise..

Walking with you should I avoid?
The pace frustrates me.
Your attempts to match my steps-
will this be counted as a void?

Not a thing I should utter upon.
You don`t deserve to be talked to.
Is this the thing
that prompts you to go on and on?

Lying under the shadow of yours,
without comfort, in your fledgling hands.
A little grass over my locks
is a sign of a quiescent converse?

You moved into me; why?
I am all in pain.
Did you lift me
from a pit to the sky?

8 comments:

Varun said...

it has to be a very nice poem. My record till date is that I generally don't manage to understand poem's of high quality. that's how it has been till date. n this is serious :)

it must be good, bcoz I can't understand it.

Varun said...

do send me the meaning of this poem, I must learn to learn the perspective of a poem writer :o)

Gautam Anand said...

he hee.. varun's comment is hilarious..
but I do understand what you mean..
and it's nice.. and you also have improved a lot on structuring of poems..
keep it up.. this good work ..

Gautam said...

nice poem man :)

abhinav sinha said...

acha hai yaar... mast..

paekut said...

thanx buddies....
@ Varun..thodi si similarities of experience, n u get to understand....just like Gautam ;)

Varun said...

hahahaha..hey dood, bahut samay laga diya yaar batane mein, kareeb 3-4 mahine baad jawab diya. :P

paekut said...

yar did not have a speck of time left...was adjusting to the mba life :) neways, m active again...